Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Feeling Left Out

One of my young clients sent me an email about an incident with good friends over the weekend that triggered some old patterns.  The result was that she was stuck in feelings of sadness and exclusion.  Here's my reply:

My suggestion is for you to take a few moments to yourself and try the following:
 
1.      Go into TAT heart pose (left hand on heart/chest, right hand over left)
2.      Say: Everything that led up to this feeling excluded happened.
               Notice what, if anything comes up for you. Then:
3.      Say:  All that happened, it's over.  It's now safe for me to feel good.
               Notice what, if anything comes up for you. Then:
4.      Think about how you'd like to feel or be and put it into this sentence:
               I choose to be/feel _________________ (happy? calm?  connected to my friends? okay?)
 Aside from this TAT intervention, think about your need to be by yourself sometimes, or with one friend and not the other.  It doesn't mean you don't like them or want to stop being friends.  Consider that in this case, your friends may not be very different from you.
Let me know how you're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment