Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Ah, Those Stubborn Shadows


I'm about half-way through a training program to be certified as a Transformational Coach.  Since I do a lot of coaching in my practice, it seemed like a logical and expansive step.

Interestingly, I have encountered a lot of resistance to the self-discovery exercises that have taken up most of the training to date.  Some old, stubborn negativity has been groaning up from the dark recesses of my subconscious like Marlow's ghost.

In moments of clear consciousness, I am taken aback by my thoughts and resulting behavior.  Who is this judgmental, cranky person?  Didn't I eradicate her long ago?

Apparently not.

See that snake in the shadow I unwittingly photographed on a walk one day?  Snakes carry the Medicine of Transmutation -- as they are able to hold poison without the poison killing them.  I never expected that this certification would be yet another path of purification for me, but that's exactly what it has been. 

The good news is that it didn't take me as long as it in the past to recognize the shadow and apply some Light to diffuse it.  Very good news, indeed.  Otherwise I'd worry that I haven't made any progress at all in nearly 25 years of working on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment