Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Body Knows!

As part of my training in Essentials of Energy Psychology Level I before the ACEP Conference last week, I finally "got" muscle testing.

I've lost track of how many times over the years muscle testing has been part of a given curriculum for me.  For some reason, my brain applauded the principle but rejected the method...until now.

 When I wrote about this on my A Higher Perspective Facebook page last week, Beverly asked for an explanation of muscle testing.

I would put muscle testing under the category of ideomotor responses. The way a pendulum swings differently for "yes" and "no" when dangled from one's fingers is an ideomotor response.  The way we can designate a "yes" finger response and a "no" finger response in hypnosis is an ideomotor response.  The way the body sways forward as a "yes" and backward as a "no" is an ideomotor response.  These are all subconscious/unconscious physical responses to simple yes or no thoughts.  As the old saying goes, where thoughts go, energy follows.  Ideomotor responses of all types are graphic evidence of this.

With muscle testing, the client holds an arm out (it doesn't matter which one).  The arm can either be to the side, as shown in the illustration above, or straight out front.  The client is asked to think of something specific and hold the arm firm.  If the specific thought is true for the client, the arm will hold firm under a light pressure from the practitioner's hand or fingertips.  If the specific thought is not true for the client, he or she will be hard pressed (no pun intended) to hold firm.

If the client's energy is not balanced, the muscle testing will be skewed.  The same is true for any of the ideomotor responses.

I often teach clients about the pendulum as a way of illustrating the power of our thoughts and the relationship between thoughts and physical response.  In a way, the pendulum's movement mirrors the connection between handwriting and the brain.  Thoughts create movement. 

In the past, when the pendulum demonstration was clearly skewed (for example, both the "yes" and the "no" were the same movement) I knew there was a way to fix the energy imbalance, but was not able to perform the energy corrections.  No longer!  Now I have a skill set for correcting energy imbalances, regardless of what ideomotor response we're testing.

Muscle testing clients for how many sessions they need is just one use to which I plan to put this new skill set. The possibilities are limitless!

Thanks for asking, Beverly :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment