Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Snakes R Us

I've lived in my neighborhood for 20 years and never saw snakes around.  In the past week, I've seen three.

The first one was slithering across my driveway just as I opened my garage door to drive to work last week.  This amused me.

The second one was coiled in the middle of a nearby street and had been mortally wounded.  This was icky.

The third one I saw this morning as I was taking a walk.   This was surprising because when I took a photo, it looked just like a question mark in the middle of my body.  See?


Based on my knowledge of Animal Medicine, I would say that the Universe has been trying to get my attention.  Snake speaks of the need for change in a very specific way.  The Snake that doesn't shed his skin dies. 

I am in the process of reinventing my professional identity.  Because of growing constraints around any and all use of the term "therapy," by non-licensed healing arts professionals, I've stopped referring to myself primarily as a hypnotherapist, and no longer use the term hypnotherapy to describe the transformational hypnosis work I've been doing for 22 years. 

Healing Arts Practitioner is a mouthful and most people just stare back at me blankly when I say that.  It's been frustrating not to have good language to describe myself professionally.

On June 18. I will begin 8 weeks of formal training as a Transformational (Healing) Coach.  So much of what I do falls under the umbrella of coaching but now I'll have the appropriate credentials to back me up. 

This will come just after I take a training in Essentials of Energy Psychology s at the Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology (ACEP) Conference at the end of May.  I've been using Energy Psychology techniques since 1998 and am a Certified TAT Professional, but have been missing an overall perspective in a field I love.

An underlying message of Snake is to keep the excitement high in one's life to fuel one's life force.  Thanks, Snake, I'm on it!



No comments:

Post a Comment