Thursday, February 6, 2014

Changing the Default Settings


When I returned from the 6-Day TAT (Tapas Acupressure Technique) Symposium, I felt like a new person:  light, free, happy in ways I hadn't even imagined possible for me.  My work with clients this week has been phenomenal and I know that this is a direct result of the healing I had.
 
But as the days pass, I'm noticing an undercurrent of unsettledness.   
 
Evidently (as Grandma would say) the shift from suffering/struggling to the new paradigm is not happening smoothly but rather in fits and starts. There's a part of me that is clinging desperately to the old fears and chaos -- I can feel it and I can see it in my mind's eye.
 
 
Many of us have such a history of change ending up very, very badly -- even resulting in death.  Such deep neural pathways!
 
But change doesn't have to result in the worst.  It can absolutely result in the best, right?  What a concept!  A brand new concept that is just not quite the default yet.
 
When I can take a few steps back and look at it all from that Hawk's perspective, it's richly fascinating.  In it, not so much :-)
 
So, when I finish this post, I will be doing a full TAT session with myself, engaging this stubbornly fearful part that's only comfortable in chaos.
 
I'll let you know how it goes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment